Thursday, August 30, 2012

Osiris

It is difficult to imagine this place. As it is, and not "as it should be".  Foreshadowing reveals a future that is encumbered by incomplete mythologies. Divorced from any active component or utilization. All around are these passive non-participatory institutions of worship. Perhaps the picture I imagine is to extreem to be considered neutrality. Then let neutrality be the enemy.

Let the spirit shine.

Often, I consider the various schools and systems that are intended to offer consciousness expansion. Or the promise of elevating adherents to a higher quality of existence. Not only do I consider the worth of their various techniques and methods, I also consider the latent sense that drives the fractured soul to obsess over the practices. Only then do I respect my intentions and try the exercises out.

Islam and Judaism offer various methods of expanding consciousness, i.e. the Kabbala and Salah. These are but two examples but even so it embarrasses an impoverished system such as Christianity.

Osiris from the Egyptians was the borrowed legend. This we know. It isn't solely the borrowing from a previous culture that disturbs me, after all I love Hinduism's contemporary: Buddhism, it is the lack of applications and tools. It relies on a book corrupted by societies and a myth of a divine architect that divides man against man, book against book. I abhor generally all major passive religions, yet it is Christianity that is the one responsible for so much spiritual and mental immaturity around me.

The majority of the Christian Gnostic Gospels are destroyed and very little regarding meditation and devotion exists. The Catholics have a monopoly on rituals and I must note this. However, these are executed by clergy and doesn't suggest that the congregation is suited for anything other than observation.

 Jefferson himself had to reinterpret the bible for moral use, dismissing a significant portion to superstitions and misinterpretations. This is where I will start: http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/
Then onto the Gnostic Bible I found at a local bookstore. Perhaps this study will provide a salve to an otherwise festering wound known as Christianity.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. More like a confession towards aggression. Hostility lends itself easily to a mind ignorant of the exploitive subject. Less metaphysics and more application is where I sit comfortably. arranging formulas to execute according to self stylized rituals.

      Delete