Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Cairns and stacked rocks

 Went to Collier Springs with the family the other day. A good picnic. Refreshing cool head bath in the water. The energy of the forest and creek was there. Undines. Then this morning we went for a short walk in the woods at Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Stones, trees, and a trail. 

I was quite happy when my and my family decimated several gaudy stone stacks. One was supposed to remain and I took it upon myself to finish the job. You are welcome. Those stupid stacks are an eyesore and I want to visit a natural place, not a primitive graffiti exhibit. Fuck your stone rock piles to god also. There are enough spirits there. However, I have no problem with  leaving stick effigies. I am a hypocrite. I just like the story Sticks by Karl Wagner. It ends abruptly leaving you wanting more. Just kidding, Leave no Trace.

Sand castles or the ruins there of do not disturb the beach for me. The impermanence of it just reinforces the feelings that come from interacting with Yemanja. I am interested in identifying more chthonic places. Typically an ideal spot would be a cave. There are caves here. There is a tribe I once heard of that said they originated from a cave. There were some nice cave out crops in Eastern Washington. In the coolies. I want to find something deeper. It is said there is a cave where Bodhidharma meditated for nine years. 

His blue eyes stared fixedly to the wall, communing with Chthonic energy. Better than television. It is said that you may even be able to see his shadow in the cave. 

Natural events and moments of nature are something to be witnessed. Not- Doing as Don Juan from Casteneda's books talks about this practice. Once read and studied it would help catalyze the natural awareness. Instead of building dams, like some assholes did at the creek. We reacted with activity rather than indifference and removed the dam. Well, one of us did. I sat Not-Doing. Then smoking. It was lovely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment