Monday, August 15, 2022

Non-Serviam

Today I am filled with Ra Hoor Khuit and the Dark Lord. It is not that I loathe the Old Aeon. I despise it. Which resonates with the third chapter of The Book of the Law. I can really get into some of Marcello Motta's reflections on the dead currents. We have been told that within my town of almost five and a half thousand, there are a hundred churches. 

It has been quite an undertaking to confront my bias on Thelemic terms. It is said that you must unite one thing with its opposite. So I began the Abrahamic faiths in one year intervals. The first year was Christianity. The second, Islam and Sufism. On til now where I have been dealing with Buddhism and Hinduism. Within each of these memes is something that can be assimilated. Thus introducing a foreign concept and becoming inoculated from it just by proxy. At the heart of it is fear.

I should add that the key was finding elements of ritual and articles of faith that could be practiced. For instance, a Muslim must learn how to pray. Then the practice begins and reveals esoteric material. Whether that means you assimilate Christianity via Torquemada, or Islam through Hassan I Sabbah, it matters not. Somehow one will become taqiya as the Muslims call it. Experience will prevail. 



The act could be as simple as following an old bible code against cutting your beard or hair for a year. Day by day you achieve progress. Find something that you resonate with. It is an act of subversion not conversion. In its own way it will demonstrate respect through heresy. Then what remains can be held as valid as you like. That doesn't mean that I condone the study of all memes. Governance systems alone are lifelong endeavors. Historians are prime suspects. 

Not my style. So I pick and choose. The one's that are out there that stir you with apprehension, repulsion, and interest at the same time: those are a sure bet. So read the Koran and practice Ramadan fasting. Just be Thelemic about it. Otherwise you may be victim to the born again scenario. Going with the dead currents is not a favorable journey.

I read some of Barry Miles' autobiography of William S. Burroughs. In the beginning, it describes a sweat lodge ceremony that was intended to relieve Burroughs of the "Ugly Spirit". It doesn't conclusively say that it worked but it was an attempt Burroughs had at challenging the influence of the spirit. I feel I can relate to Burroughs on that sort of thing but question if I should challenge the spirit's influence or grow with it. 

I finished the Hell's Angels book by Hunter Thompson and Snow Crash by Stephenson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment