Thursday, July 28, 2022

The One shot recordings

In Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, the worlds music is highly produced and perfect. I make recordings that are improvisational and not rehearsed to the point of perfection. What I have been trying to capture is a solid audio take that catches -the moment- something sticks to the web of imagination. So I grab an instrument, program the beats (or play them), and loosely play along then abruptly stop. I am making a live arrangement, usually with a single take. Then I can layer and mix. 

I prefer the qualities of doing these layers of improvisation and continue to record this way. My Rhizome Connectome track "lime" is a good example of bass guitar used in this context. 
https://rhizomeconnectome.bandcamp.com/track/lime
I have several paintings I need to photograph and upload to my gallery. Some of them were well executed and others show resistance to the creative process. Most were produced by way of the critical paranoiac method described by Dali. Typically my music recording goes the same route. Writing too. I think I will continue the one shot experiments for a while longer. They have really impressed me as a form of channeling energies. 

I recorded an album called Sylphs which was my intentional scryings utilizing audio and instruments bound to the zodiacal notation standard. It is something I am considering selling as merch on bandcamp, but only to produce funds for the next record. The next record will be utilizing microtonal tuning in 22 E.D.O. In the meantime, I am working on a cassette EP recorded on a Fostex X 14. My favorite four track recording medium thus far. This is my second unit. 

Working with microtonality is something I really want to do. There are VST instruments which are microtonal, but I prefer hardware GUI over computer and found something else. 
49 keys would be ideal for Heptarchy Workings. Tuned to 22 E.D.O. and played for each invocation. 

Evocations also. I am re-reading Aleister Crowley and the Ouija Board by J. Edward Cornelius. This tool is something I am considering designing for my own use. I prefer the planchette over the pendulum. And even the keyboard of the Hydrasynth uses the Dactyls. For concentration I found a recommendation in Mastering the Mystical Heptarchy for the photosonix 100. I looked into it and found a different product which was better designed. 


With audio generators you can enhance the trance experience. Roughly fifteen minutes is needed to entrain the brain. A meaningless sensory overload is useful before attempting contact. A simultaneous hypnotic induction may be played in conjunction to further aid the proper brain state. After sitting in asana and letting the audio and visual stimulus begin to elapse one will harness a deeper awareness. 

Burning henbane seeds is something that witches and sorcerers have been utilizing for some time. It is generally not mentioned in detail as to how this is done, but there is an excellent book on a serial killer who used henbane seeds in his seances. Later he resorted to henbane injections. He was so dependent on it that he was allowed to administer an injection in the presence of the police just so he could remain mentally clear.

I still have yet to read his hypnosis scripts in the book. I am cautious when it comes to ingesting the word virus as William S. Burroughs calls it. Especially the words of a hypnotist that is advanced in training. I was taught hypnosis via an Ericksonian school. Under Dr. Doug Yost. Dr. Doug was an excellent clinician and would never hesitate to tell you your odds with hypnosis and turn people away because they simply were not ready to implement a change. He was very ethical that way.

Dr. Doug also had an excellent hypnosis stage show that I helped with for several events. We spent many nights chain smoking and drinking coffee. He taught me much regarding scripts and nuerolinguistic programming. I used to record my hypnosis tapes and sell them to clients. It was a long time ago. Some favorite quotes: "I can't means you don't want to or you don't know how" " You never talk negatively about your partner in the company of others. " "In a couple there is usually one that loves the other more."

He got me Board certified through the A.B.H. but I never kept up my practice and got on with the Army instead. I had thrown out my Hypnosis Institute learning materials years ago. So I am looking for an Ericksonian book that can help me revisit my old interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment