Friday, July 29, 2022

TOPY and the OTTT

 I first came across The Temple ov Psychick Youth as a teenager. I had discovered Thee Grey Book online. It fascinated me and I looked forward to finding more about them but really couldn't find anything other than references to one of it's founding members: Genesis P. Orridge. It felt like coming full circle because I had discovered Genesis on some Pigface records. I would years later find Genesis' TOPY book, Thee Psychick Bible.

In it were numerous articles from various authors and it even had a recommended reading list. At the launch of the book, Genesis announced that there would be a new TOPY presence, going by the name of One True TOPY Tribe online. It was on Ning. I went through the book list a selected a few titles to study. One was on Communes. I was living in Washington State at the time and read about Tolstoy farms. 

It was near my house and soon to my fortune I ran into a girl who lived and worked there. We began dating and I stayed on the commune for some time in her house. This was even suggested by the temple that members online meet communities in the real world and network. It was a call for outsiders and artists and other such slanders to actualize a new organization. All held together with an online hub hosted by Genesis. 

If you had net access you could join the online community. It was free. Soon it attracted a lot of different people and the communication was global. A group of musicians decided to network and collaborate and I was among them. I helped with the draft of intent and purpose for a collaboration and like all good temporary autonomous zones, it had an end date. We traded tracks online and collaborated virtually and put together an album in the spirit of The Third Mind by Gysin and Burroughs and put it out. https://keepersofthefire.bandcamp.com/

After a while the online community was doing all sorts of things like releasing albums and collaborating on art, and then Genesis said no more. Having had her reasons They unplugged it. The hub was dead and the entities scattered in the void of the web. I learned a lot from this period of time. Something about communes and something about cultural engineering. I am a fan of intentional communities and visit Snake Village here to see friends. I also learned there needs to be a death cycle for a proper temporary autonomous zone. 

It is an organic expression of a living body so naturally, it would be best to surmise its activity in a proper death cycle. In a sense the OTTT had one. It just wasn't known to it's adherents. I still have my backpatch. Haven't thought of the proper rockers. IT was Genesis' idea to carry on the biker motif and I had the yellow and gold patch but much prefer the red and black colors. A patch or signifying badge or limited production item is worthy of possession. It is set apart from mass produced product. A memento then its done. 









I tracked done an original copy of Thee Grey Book and still resonate with it. What a pleasurable piece of propaganda. The Psychick Cross was trademarked by Genesis during their lifetime, and it originally served as the symbol of non-aligned forces in Vietnam. It was shown in one of the photographs, accompanying The Grey Book. Since its adoption, it has symbolically been charged with occult information and has several articles on it in The Psychick Bible. The 23 Enigma is hard to pinpoint. The majority of influence comes from Gysin and Burroughs. Then Crowley in chapter 23 of the Book of Lies.

Although as of yet I don't have a TOPY tattoo but I do have The Process symbol. A cult/collective I was exposed through Skinny Puppy and TOPY. I saw the symbol above doorways in places in Afghanistan. It is symbolic of many things to me. Lords of the four quarters. The Thelemic pantheon. The elements. Transformation. Creative energy. 


Within it the Temple stands. Genesis did some good leaving behind The Psychick Bible. T.O.P.Y. T.A.Z.! People apparently sell copies of Thee Grey Book for 300USD. Start your own cult of personality today. Simply "borrow" from the dead ones. Anything to dismantle CONTROL. There will be a humiliation ceremony or hazing. Even the 12 step groups do that. Ritualistic scarring will be self inflicted. The severity of your loyalty will be apparent. Schrodinger's cat was named Sekhmet. All gods and goddesses are alive and dead. You need to adhere to as many as you like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment